The holidays are all about family, friends and getting #festive! 🎉 But in between celebrating… the whole “gift giving” thing can be stressful. 🤦♂️ Thankfully, we’ve got the answer: Sparkling Wine! 😍
This year, we’ve put together a list of effervescent gift ideas for the Sparkling Wino on any budget. From stocking stuffers under $10, to a Methusela (or 6000mL bottle) worth over $10,000 (Oprah, you out there girl?), the options run the gamut so you can cross everyone off your shopping list. Looking for that perfect gift for your Grinch Grab or Hostess with the Mostess? We got you! 🙌 And the best part about giving Sparkling Wine this holiday season? The recipient just might open it up and share it with you! 😉
So deck the halls with bottles of bubbly, fa-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la! 🎄 Because let’s get real, Sparkling Wine is like WAY more fun than boughs of holly. 💁♀️
Under $10: Sparkling Stocking Stuffers 🧦
“I’d rather get underwear in my stocking than Sparkling Wine.”No One Ever
- Between The Lines Outset ($4.65, 250mL Can, VQA Ontario)
- Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut Cava ($4.75, 200mL Bottle, Spain)
- Joiy Sparkling ($4.90, 250mL Can, New Zealand)
- Boisset Haute Couture Rosé ($7.95, 200mL Bottle, France)
- Vieni Momenti ($9.95, 375mL Bottle, VQA Ontario)
– Bubbles in a can? You betcha! Who needs a beer when you can crack open a crisp can of Ontario Sparkling? 😍 Packed with ripe tree fruit and citrus flavours, this little guy is medium-sweet (41 g/L), making it the perfect substitute (or pairing? 🤔) for your shortbread cookies while opening presents. Maybe if you leave a couple of these in place of milk for Santa… he’ll be extra good to you this year! 😉
– Everyone knows the infamous black bottle of Spanish Cava… but did you know it comes in a convenient single serving size? 🤔 Dry, with a rich mineral character and grapefruit finish, this stocking stuffer is perfect for the Sparkling Wino who lives on the dryer side.
– Fun, flirty, and… whimsical! We thoroughly enJOIY this bubbly in a can, and the endless puns (and Instagrammable moments) it offers. Light, lively, and lovely – with a natural sweetness – it’s certainly a crowd pleaser!
– Off-dry with punchy red berry flavours, this French Rosé is a super easy sipper. Almost… too easy? Too bad they don’t come in 4-packs. 😜
– Vieni has become very well known for their fruit-forward, and “crushable” (as the kids say these days), Charmat bubbles. Crafted using the same method as Prosecco in Italy, this Vidal and Pinot Grigio based sparkler is fresh and fruity, with crisp apple and tropical fruit flavours. And “momenti” is Italian for “moments”. So it’s pretty much Mariah Carey approved.
Under $20: Grinch Grab Goodies 🎁
“I’d leave all the presents in Whoville… and steal these instead!”The Grinch (probably)
- Jacob’s Creek Chardonnay Pinot Noir Sparkling ($14.95, Australia)
- Segura Viudas Brut Reserva Cava ($15.95, Spain)
- Lily Sparkling ($16.95, Save $1 Until 01/06, VQA Ontario)
- Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG ($17.95, Save $2 Until 01/06, Italy)
- Krone Méthode Cap Classique Brut Rosé 2017 ($18.95, South Africa)
– This bottle-fermented Chardonnay/Pinot Noir blend from Australia has been one of our long-time favourites when we’re trying to tighten up the purse strings! Awesome value at under $15 bucks. Super fruit forward with notes of tree and tropical fruit – it’s incredibly easy drinking and pairs wonderfully with a second glass (…or bottle), hey ’tis the season! 😜
– Another example of a high quality sparkling wine at an incredible value. Much richer, this one has a noticeable nutty character, aromas of baked apple, with a creamy mouthfeel and long finish. More body too! 💪 It’ll pair perfectly with a 4-course meal… or just a bowl of chips and a trusty ol’ copy of Home Alone on VHS.
– Lily is that girl that everybody gravitates toward at a party. Bouncy, bubbly, and fun! This sparkler from Colio here in Ontario is bursting with bright tree-fruit flavours, crisp citrus, and a delicate floral character. Move over Raymond… Everybody Loves Lily! 😍
– This DOCG Prosecco is one of our favourites! The bubbles dance in the glass… just like nonna when the “YMCA” comes on at a wedding! 😜 Bursting with white peach, bartlett pear, golden apple, pink grapefruit and lemon zest, with bright floral notes and just a kiss of sweetness. Pro tip: buy a second bottle for yourself. 👀
– Full disclosure… we’ve kinda been keeping this one secret for a while for fear that the word will get out on how amazing it is, and it’ll all get snatched up! But it is the season of giving, so we’re giving you some advice: GO GRAB THIS WINE! South African Sparkling may not be on your radar, but this one comes from a 300 year old farm, so trust us, they know what they’re doing. Dry, with a strawberry sherbet like character, it’s easily one of our favourite bottles of bubbly under $20.
Under $30: Local Stunners 🇨🇦
“Canada’s best exports: Celine Dion & Sparkling Wine.”Sparkling Winos
- Château des Charmes Brut ($22.95, Save $3 Until 01/06, VQA Niagara-on-the-Lake)
- 13th Street Cuvée Rosé Brut ($25.95, Save $2 Until 01/06, VQA Niagara Peninsula)
- Trius Brut ($26.95, Save $3 Until 01/06, VQA Niagara Peninsula)
- Henry Of Pelham Cuvée Catharine Rosé Brut ($29.95, VQA Niagara Peninsula)
- Cave Spring Blanc de Blancs Brut ($29.95, VQA Niagara Escarpment)
– A classic blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, and an incredible value at this price point! Fresh apple, pear, and peach flavours, with a hint of toast, make this the perfect wine to pair with practically anything, especially a second glass by the fireside!
– Oh the weather outside might be frightful, but this Sparkling Rosé from 13th Street is SO delightful! 😍 Aside from the gorgeous colour reminiscent of a summer sunset, this wine is packed with red fruit flavours, crisp acidity, and a delicious creaminess.
– People always ask us, “If you could recommend one Ontario sparkling wine to get a flavour for the region, what would be be?” and our answer is almost always “Trius Brut!”. The original owner of the property was among the first to see the potential for sparkling wine production here in Ontario, they’ve been producing it since the late 80’s and have been finessing it ever since. They’re masters of the blend, and have developed this non-vintage house style (like most large Champagne houses do) to ensure consistency. And there’s no question, this wine is consistently fantastic!
– Well, what can we say about Madame Catharine? Other than she’s a Canadian icon at this point. 😍 (Sorry Celine!) This wine is one of our go-to’s year-round (and has been for almost a decade now). With a delightful creaminess and notes of wild berries and strawberry rhubarb pie… it really is a treat. We know this is a gift guide, so give it away if you must. But hover over the recipient’s shoulder until they share it with you! ☝️
– 100% Chardonnay from limestone-clay rich soils along the Niagara Escarpment, this wine spends a minimum of 30 months sur lie, resulting in a rich, elegant and taaasty bottle of bubbles! 😍 Ripe tree fruit and a wet-stone character dominate the nose and palate.
Under $40: Local Stunners, Continued 🇨🇦
“Canada’s the best country in the world.”The Biebs (we agree JB 🙏)
- Peller Estates Ice Cuvée ($31.95, Save $3 Until 01/06, VQA Niagara Peninsula)
- Featherstone Joy Premium Cuvée 2013 ($34.95, VQA Twenty Mile Bench)
- Megalomaniac Bubblehead Sparkling Rosé ($34.95, VQA Niagara Peninsula)
- Flat Rock Riddled 2011 ($34.95, VQA Twenty Mile Bench)
- Rosehall Run Ceremony Blanc de Blancs Brut ($34.95, VQA Prince Edward County)
– It’s tough to get more Canadian than the Peller Ice Cuvée… eh! This traditional Pinot Noir and Chardonnay based sparkler, is finished off with an Icewine dosage. Yes! The resulting wine is not overly sweet (in fact, it’s only off-dry at 21 g/L) but you still get those super punchy tropical fruit flavours that you’d find in an Icewine. Something special for sure, and a fantastic hostess gift!
– Featherstone is perhaps one of the most charming and serene wineries here in Niagara… but their bubbles pack a punch! 👊 Rich and complex, bursting with brioche and citrus. And with the fun crown cap and lovely ribbon… the bottle is practically all wrapped up and screaming to be gifted!
– Besides having pretty much the coolest name out there, Bubblehead is explosive on all counts. 😎 100% Pinot Noir, it’s fresh and elegant, with a lovely red berry and floral nose. Crisp and refreshing, it’s sure to please the Bubblehead on your shopping list!
– Flat Rock’s was one of the first Ontario Sparkling Wine’s we ever had (many moons ago) and we always keep coming back to it, as it’s easily one of the best. Made from 100% Chardonnay, harvested from the Twenty Mile Bench way back when in 2011, this wine spent 5+ years on lees, resulting in a rich, creamy, bready, and downright delicious bottle of bubbly. Guaranteed to please those Sparkling Winos who love a richer, autolytic Champagne. Except, it’s from Ontario. 😎🙌
– Ceremony is a multiple vintage cuvée, from 100% estate grown County Chardonnay, and was finished with a minimal dosage (2.5 g/L). It was bottled with two different label designs (white on black or black on white) so you can pick your favourite! And, bonus fun fact: it was named after a New Order song! 😍 We love Rosehall’s Sparkling, and Ceremony is no exception. With pronounced flavours of baked apple/pear, lemon short bread, a lovely creaminess, and a crisp lingering mineral finish… it’s a no-brainer.
$50 to $100: Champagne
Problems Solutions 🥂🍾
“We’ve been good this year, and we’re accepting donations! 🙋♂️”Sparkling Winos
- Taittinger Brut Réserve Champagne ($56.75, Save $5 Until 01/06, France)
- Lallier Grand Cru Brut Rosé Champagne ($57.95, France)
- Louis Roederer Brut Premier Champagne ($69.95, Save $5 Until 01/06, France)
- Bollinger Special Cuvée Brut Champagne ($84.95, France)
- Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Brut Rosé Champagne ($99.95, France)
– Taittinger… $57?!? 🤯 There’s… really nothing to say here except WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
– A Pinot Noir dominant Rosé, Lallier is a touch on the earthy side, which is a nice treat and change of pace from many of the more fruit forward non-vintage Champagnes. And again, fantastic value at below $60. There are few things you can show up with at a party that are more impressive than Rosé Champagne! 😉
– Baby Cristal! Yes, it’s a (maybe-not-so-well-known) fact that the base wine’s that Roederer don’t approve for their Tête de Cuvée (Cristal) are declassified and put into this non-vintage sparkler. Does that mean they’re bad? Um, no. 1000% the opposite. It means you’re getting an exceptional wine and a incredible value… especially considering it’s on sale for under $70 right now!
– Ahhh, Bolli! Loved by the Queen of England, James Bond, and the Sparkling Winos. 😎 One of our all-time favourite non-vintage Champagnes, it’s everything a Champagne should be. Concentrated, fresh and pure, with a whole aroma wheel full of notes on the nose and a mouth watering autolytic character. Bollinger recommends enjoying this particular Champagne on a summer afternoon, as a pre-dinner drink, with a meal, or with a fruity and tart dessert. So pretty much at any and all times… and we couldn’t agree more!
– Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Brut Rosé is the #1 selling rosé Champagne in the world… and for good reason! This is one instance where it’s totally fair to judge a book by its cover. We can pretty much guarantee that any Sparkling Wino on your list will appreciate the beauty of this bottle of bubbles. And just wait until they taste what’s inside! Plus, you can save yourself the trouble of buying a gift bag… this baby is too pretty to wrap up!
$100 and up: Baller Bubbles 💸🍾
Allll I waaant for Christmasss, isssss… KRUG!Mariah Carey (surely?)
- Bollinger Brut Rosé Champagne ($113.95, France)
- Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs Champagne 2006 ($229.00, France)
- Dom Pérignon Brut Vintage Champagne 2009 ($253.95, France)
- Krug Grande Cuvée Brut Champagne 166ème Édition ($305.00, France)
- Cristal Brut Vintage Champagne 2004 ($11,500.00, 6000mL bottle, France)
– Alright, so you’re a baller and playin’ with the big boys! If you’re able to drop $100+ on a bottle of bubbly
please buy us some we salute you! 🙏 Bollinger Brut Rosé Champagne is probably our all time favourite Rosé Champagne out there. Fresh, silky and rich… it’s incredibly well balanced and holds a special place in our hearts. ☺️ Hopefully Santa holds a special place in his sleigh for a case to deliver to us? 🤔
– Someone recently described this wine to us as “ethereal”, and, we couldn’t put it better ourselves. It’s an out-of-body experience really. We had the pleasure to taste it with Vitalie Taittinger a few months back, and… even at $229.00, that’s great value. That’s how good it is.
– The 2009 vintage of Dom Pérignon is one of the last releases by the long-standing Chef de Caves Richard Geoffroy. Of course, it has all the signature notes of its predecessors: infectious energy, beautiful acidity, a touch of smoke and rich minerality. There’s a reason it’s super famous yanno! 😜
– Krug is King. Power and finesse, and built to last. Many would argue that Krug stands atop the Champagne pyramid, and the price it commands is some pretty solid evidence to back that statement up. The first time we had Krug was a #Champgasmic experience. Just insanely complex, with every sniff and sip you discover something new. It’s truly a magical Champagne and one that’ll forever be at the top of our Christmas list… now if only one of Santa’s elves was a winemaker! 😂
– Oprah, if you are reading this and are feeling generous, please send an e-mail to email@example.com! 😁 But seriously, this thing is 6000ml (the size of 8 standard Champagne bottles). Yeah. And only a handful of them were made in the entire world. And there are 3 of them available in Ontario. Just incase you’re Drake or something. BRB buying a lottery ticket.