You better sit down for this one – its time for #MimosaHacks! Where we’ll teach you how to up your brunch game with some epic new Mimosa recipes. So let’s get mimosional baby!
Sure, the Mimosa is awesome. Heck yeah, the French 75 is great. But you should know by now that we Sparkling Winos gotta keep it 💯! So we took the classic Mimosa and the French 75 and remixed them to create… the French 💯! I mean, why settle for a B+ when you can have an A, right?
What You’ll Need
- A brut French sparkling wine (don’t go mixing Cristal into your mimosas unless you’re, like, Mariah Carey or something. Anything under $20 will do just fine! 🙌)
- Ice cubes
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- A sugar cube
- A lemon twist (or small lemon wedge)
- A french macaron for garnish – if ya fancy!
- Step 1: In a large Champagne flute (or a tall cocktail glass) add 1 sugar cube, 1 lemon twist, and 1 ice cube. Set aside.
- Step 2: In a cocktail shaker add a few ice cubes, 1 ounce Cointreau, 1 ounce gin, and 3 ounces of fresh orange juice. Shake well and pour into your Champagne flute (or cocktail glass).
- Step 3: Top with sparkling wine.
- Step 4: Garnish with a french macaron on top if you really wanna impress your guests! It also makes for a perfect little pairing.
- Step 5: Make more of these. Because trust us, betcha can’t have just one!