It’s the most boozy day of the year! No, we’re not talking about Christmas dinner at your aunt’s place with all your obnoxious relatives – were talking about St. Patrick’s Day! A day full of green beer and people decked out in shamrock accessories from the dollar store. 😆 While we’re not huge beer drinkers ourselves, we do love our drinks bubbly! So we’ve come up with a lighter (and naturally green) way to enjoy St. Paddy’s Day – our Sham’rosa! (Or… Shamrock Mimosa – get it?) 😜🍀
While Ireland isn’t exactly known for its sparkling wine, it is known for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with shamrocks and green … everything! So we ran with the green theme and designed a naturally green, sweet and sour sparkling wine / vodka cocktail to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day! It has far fewer calories than a green beer, and far more booze than a traditional mimosa… so it’s a win / win!
What You’ll Need
- Wyborowa vodka
- A dry sparkling wine (don’t break the bank when using sparkling wine in a cocktail, anything $15 or below will do just fine!)
- 2 oz cold pressed apple juice
- 0.5 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- Green apple slices for garnish
- Pretzels… because they’re delicious and go perfectly well with this sweet / sour cocktail!
- Step 1: In a cocktail shaker add a few ice cubes, 2 oz apple juice, 0.5 oz lime juice, and 1 oz Wyborowa vodka. Shake well.
- Step 2: Pour into 1 champagne flute.
- Step 3: Top with sparkling wine (…generously, because we’re celebrating St. Paddy’s Day, duh!)
- Step 4: Garnish with a slice of green apple.
- Step 5: Enjoy! Take a picture and post it on Instagram to make your friends jealous. And eat pretzels. Because pretzels are delicious!